New papers in top journals by Department members:
- Professor Dinh Tien Cuong’s co-authored paper “Unique ergodicity for foliations in P2 with an invariant curve” will appear in Inventiones Math.
- Professor Gan Wee Teck’s co-authored paper “Local theta correspondence of tempered representations and Langlands parameters” will appear in Inventiones Math.
- Professor Loke Hung Yean’s co-authored paper “Local theta correspondences of supercuspidal representations” will appear in Annales scientifiques de l'École normale supérieure.
- Dr Tong Xin’s co-authored paper “Robustness and Accuracy of finite Ensemble Kalman filters in large dimensions” will appear in Communications on Pure and Applied Math.
- Professor Zhang Louxin’s co-authored paper “Reconciliation with non-binary gene trees revisited” will appear in the Journal of the ACM.
Professor TAN Eng Chye will become the next NUS President. A 1st Class Honours graduate in mathematics, Professor Tan began his academic career as a Senior Tutor with the Department of Mathematics in 1985, and rose through the ranks to become a full professor in 2006.